With Macquarie, you get the best of both worlds. A specialist business banking division backed by a multinational investment banking powerhouse. Macquarie Group focuses on serving businesses in ways the other majors can’t, or won’t! Formed in 1969, Macquarie has a rich history in Australian finance, helping to pioneer the foreign currency hedge market in the 70’s as well as being only the second private trading bank to be established in Australia.
In 2020, Macquarie Group has two dedicated operating groups services SME business financing. Their Corporate and Asset Finance division lends and leases commercial assets to thousands of businesses across the globe. The Business Banking division has over one million clients. Macquarie has been recognised many times by the Australian Business Banking Awards, having recently won the ‘Best Industry Specialisation Bank’ as well as the ‘Best Non-Major Business Bank,’ demonstrating their ability to successfully apply their extensive expertise and customer-first attitude.
What Makes Macquarie A Great Lender
- Unmatched Expertise: You’d be hard-pressed to find a lender with greater expertise and depth. Macquarie has been around for a long time, pioneering much of Australia’s financing during the period of deregulation. With a business focus and thousands of the best staff, they’re with you every step of the way.
- Range of Products: Macquarie offers a wide range of finance solutions. They understand that every business is different and will work with you to establish the optimal funding arrangement, whether that be a secured business loan or a flexible equipment leaseback.
- Scale and Security: Macquarie is a large bank, without the ‘Big Bank’ label. They don’t play as heavily as the major banks in retail banking, instead they leverage their business and funds management expertise globally. Your funding is backed by the best.
Products Offered By Macquarie
Macquarie offers many funding products, broadly categorised as business loans or commercial asset finance.
- Secured Business Loans: secured by property, goodwill or debtors, select from a fully drawn advance or line of credit loan with flexible repayment options. Minimum loan amount of $500,000.
- Business Overdraft: only pay interest on the funds you draw down over the balance in your account. Minimum loan amount of $50,000.
- Property-backed Loans: borrow against a residential or commercial property you own to fund your businesses’ growth. Minimum loan amount of $500,000.
- Bank Guarantee: provide your vendors with assurance without having to pay them upfront. There’s no maximum amount and you can utilise a wide range of security options.
Car and Equipment Finance
Macquarie can flexibly fund all types of commercial equipment and vehicles, ranging from large commercial fleets to the latest mobile devices and medical equipment. Macquarie has also partnered with the Clean Energy Finance Corporation to offer a lower finance rate on eligible energy-efficient vehicles and equipment.
- Chattel Mortgage: purchase and own your equipment from day one. The loan is secured by the equipment purchased and can be set over a term of up to five years.
- Finance Lease: Different to a chattel mortgage, Macquarie will retain ownership of the asset until the end of the loan term. Your business will take ownership once all payments have been made.
- Novated Lease: Macquarie retains ownership of the vehicle while your employee uses it for commercial or personal means. This option may be a smart funding option if you wish to supply your employees with vehicles.